Preview | Ninth Realm - Damnation's Veil (Death/Thrash - USA)

Album Cover
 

I stumbled across these dudes almost by accident. I'd never heard of them until, like... half an hour ago, while checking out what's coming out in the next few days. The album cover caught my attention, so I decided to give them a try and... whoo whooo hoo!!!

Let's make the introductions first. These guys are Ninth Realm. Formed in Maryland, USA, in 2018, they have released several EPs, splits, and a 2022 LP called A Fate Unbroken. Now they're getting ready to unleash their second full-length, Damnation's Veil, through Transcending Obscurity on 28 August, on CD, vinyl, and, of course, digitally.

Ninth Realm
 

What should you expect from them? At least judging from the advance tracks I've heard from the new album, it's an amazing, mature and violent discharge of deathened thrash metal, very well executed!

Two guitars lead the way through thrashy and death metal riffs, sometimes sounding like old-school death metal, while at other moments they take me straight back to classic thrash metal. The vocals are harsh and aggressive, but don't sound like those of a traditional thrash metal vocalist.

The result has a distinct personality and leaves me craving for more.

Definitely a band to keep an eye on!