Release | TodoMal - Graveyards of Joy

Band photo
 

If I had a “golden buzzer” that, whenever I pressed it, people were immediately compelled to listen to whatever music I wanted, one of the bands I would use it on would be TodoMal

From the very first moment I heard TodoMal (I think my first contact with them was in 2023, and the track was High Time from their second album, A Greater Good), I was hooked! For about two or three weeks, I couldn't listen to anything else but TodoMal.

Saying that their sound is the definition of perfection would be too much, but the truth is that they have everything in the perfect quantities. Not too much doom, not too much progressive or atmospheric, it's almost perfectly balanced. Amazing compositions and an amazing performance make their sound difficult to ever get tired of. The harmony in their music is peacefully enjoyable, and sometimes it almost sounds like late Anathema.

So, I tried to convert as many people as I could to the progressive/atmospheric doom with a little gothic feeling of TodoMal, and I became their disciple (although I missed their live debut in Portugal). Anyway, I'm proud that they have signed with a major label like Season Of Mist and released another masterpiece, Graveyards Of Joy.

This third LP from TodoMal consists of nine tracks and was released on 3 July on CD, vinyl, and digital formats. Musically speaking, this feels like a natural maturation, reflecting the band's evolution and the fact that they are now signed to a major label like Season Of Mist. However, it still manages to impress me, still draws me into the atmosphere and depth that their music generates.