I've been saying that bands whose names end in “-um” are, almost 80% of the time, a seal of quality. Sepulcrum certainly support this theory!
It's also a fact that the South American metal underground scene is full of gems that, most of the time, don't make it to Europe. But it seems that, slowly, this is changing, much to our satisfaction. Fossilization immediately comes to mind (and don't forget, I'm referring to the more underground and extreme bands).
Sepulcrum hit me in 2023 with their debut LP, Lamentation of Immolated Souls, which immediately caught my attention. But I must confess that, at the time, I didn't really get into them and, for some reason, I kept the idea that Sepulcrum were from somewhere in Eastern Europe. SHAME!
Focusing now on Lacerator, released by Chaos Records last July, the band chose a damn good album title because it really does lacerate! If you need some fresh, gory, old-school death metal, this record is for you.
High-quality rotten death metal hits you hard, with hints of Death and Obituary. It rips you apart as crushing guitar riffs shred their way through the tracks, while the raw vocals make it feel like you're being lacerated in some unspeakable way.
I highly recommend this album to any OSDM fan. It features 10 dirty and solid tracks, although there are some calmer moments here and there that let us catch our breath before the carnage starts again.
