Post Factum | Milagre Metaleiro Open Air 2026

 

Back to my daily routine after three nights of concerts at the 2026 edition of Milagre Metaleiro Open Air in Viseu, Portugal. I want to mention it because it has a special meaning to me, as I've been attending every edition since the very first one, although I wouldn't consider it an underground festival.

This edition was surrounded by some apprehension within the Portuguese scene because of the very late announcements, the clearly downgraded lineup compared to previous editions, and the change of location.

So, back to what really matters: how did it go?

The new location is a major upgrade compared to the previous one and has a lot of potential to grow. There's always room for improvement, but nothing in life is perfect.

From my point of view, the food needs improvement, both in terms of quality and diversity. A few more WCs would also be great.

I decided not to attend every gig, partly to manage my energy and partly because most of the bands weren't really to my taste. But among those I did see, I have to mention the great performances by Paradise Lost, Belphegor, and The Haunted.

With some names for the 2027 edition already revealed, including Benediction and Samael, I would say the 2026 edition was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment